Fantasy Appliance

 I decided to use my floor lamp as my inspiration for this project. I have an idea of what I want for it such as making the lamp's glass part with the lightbulb inside a sort of UFO in the sky. It will be hovering over a hill and beaming down on a cow, taking it up into the sky. The shape of the lamp reminded me of a flying saucer and the angle that it's at looks like it could have a beam coming from the lightbulb.  









 

I decided that the pictures of the lamp while on were not the best choices, so I chose the best picture of it off and traced the lamp.





My idea was to make my lamp into a UFO in the sky abducted and beaming up a cow, I have found several pictures I will consider turning into this concept. I wanted a landscape with cows in it (obviously), and a floating cow that I will put in the beam of the UFO.









I also found a couple of images of cows that I wanted to combine with the landscape and the UFO lamp. I chose pictures of cows jumping so the cow in the sky doesn't look so stiff.














Comments

  1. Hi Molly,
    Awesome idea! The shape of that lamp is already reminiscent of a UFO, I think your piece will come together really nicely. I'm interested to see your progress in Illustrator and how you decide to bring your idea to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly! Wow, I love this idea. Have you ever seen a fully grown cow run? It's one of my favorite things to watch, hahaha. But, I'm so excited to see the culmination of all your ideas! Your lamp, as Sylvia said, does feel reminiscent of a UFO already, and I think will fit seamlessly with what you have planned. The image of the cows jumping will be very useful, as you mentioned, for making the floating cow seem more realistic. Looking forward to seeing this as it comes along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your inspiration here to use the lamp as a fantasy appliance for a UFO! I believe there is a wide variety of fun backgrounds, colors and ideas to be inserted into really making this desk lamp a creative work. The cows are a cute touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Molly! I think this idea is awesome! As soon as I saw your lamp, a UFO was the first thing that popped into my head, and I think the concept of the light being like a tractor beam is a really great idea! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cyclical Nature of Things